Monday, March 23, 2015

Risky

Today I shared a link on Facebook.  This is something I've done many times before, but today was different.  I linked to a sermon by a former youth pastor of mine.  He has gone on to pastor the largest church in the Springfield, Missouri area and one of the largest in the nation.  He sermon had to do with human sexuality.  It discussed the sin of homosexuality and made no bones about the fact that this is no more of a sin than adultery or drunkenness or cruelty.  I rarely find myself agreeing 100% with anyone and yet today, with him, I did.  I titled this post risky because I have no doubt that posting that sermon will bring me hate mail and lose me friends. I don't want to lose those friends.  I love them, but I will not hide my beliefs out of fear of offending.  I don't really like to be at odds with anyone and yet the Bible tells us that the gospel will bring offense.  So, it was risky to share that sermon.  I think there are many who need to hear it.  I hope that people who actually take the time to listen to it will see that we all, every one of us, struggle with sin of some type.  We don't have to give in to it.  There is hope.  There is help.  There is Jesus.     http://www.jamesriver.org/jra-messages/1485

No comments: