Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stop The Madness!

I have something on my mind today. There is a new show on TV called Moment of Truth. On this show people ask you questions while you are hooked up to a lie detector machine in front of your family. It is my opinion that this show is detrimental to families. The commercials show them asking men if they would or have cheated on their wives or if they think of other women and asks women the same type of thing about their husbands. The commercial I saw today shows a married woman being asked, in front of her husband, by her former boyfriend the question if he wanted to get back together with her would she leave her husband for him. She answers yes! What is the purpose here? I don't find that entertaining which makes it a good thing that I don't watch it. It just seems to me that they are trying to tear marriages apart in the hopes of getting some money. It's not worth that ladies and gentlemen! It just isn't! It reminds me of that movie about 10 - 15 years ago where Demi Moore slept with Robert Redford for a million dollars and it tore the marriage between her and Woody Harrelson up. They discovered it wasn't worth it and that was a MOVIE! This is real life! Real people! Where has the value of marriage gone? Will we as a society do anything for a buck?

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I think I seen a commercial on AFN for that...and both me and my husband sat there, mouths gaping open how anyone would go on a show like this! What a bunch of filth I tell ya!

We're better off reading God's Word and meditating on things that are 'pure and just'. :-)

Enjoy your day today! It's so green and bright and sunny out in my neck of Germany. Getting kind of warm though...guess I'll turn on the a/c...oh wait...duh...base housing doesn't have that...lol.

Bless you!

Ginger said...

Sounds pretty sick indeed. You wonder about the sickos who produce it and the poor sickos who watch it!

Rebecca said...

Dawn they don't have AC off post either. Janie you are right. Sick, sick, sick.

Carrie J said...

It is ridiculous beyond words IMO. I have to wonder if it isn't all just a setup. I know people are greedy but would they truly go so far for such a relatively small amount of money and even the chance of winning nothing?
My daughter went to school with a girl who was paid to be on a daytime show, I think Montel, and pretend to have an issue the show was about, I forget what, so I always look at these shows as faked. They are still trash though and shouldn't be on air at all.

Unknown said...

Values? What are values? Nobody seems to know anymore. Thank God for His Word which I can instill into my sons!

Morgan said...

Wow...that is sick. Some people really will do anything for a buck, and the magority of America find it entertaining. Like you said, sick, sick, sick.