Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Trip Part 3


So the day of her dedication was spent with family and friends. We ate at Golden Corral and after that spent the afternoon in the lobby of the hotel with family. The kids all ran around and played. It was so much fun to see them and exciting to see how much they loved Alaina and included her in the play. My little baby had a blast! She had so much fun running through the lobby with the cousins chasing her! I wish I had a few pictures of that. I don't know why we didn't take any. I guess we were too busy having a visit. The next day we headed for Springfield, MO where I grew up. My sister traveled with us and it turned out to be a real blessing as it was a 6ish hour trip and though she is a good traveler she is only a baby and gets restless. At one point she pulled out her pony tails and we had stopped for a lunch break. Fran and I took her into the bathroom and changed her diaper but neither of us had a comb so we came back out with her hair all crazy. We were eating lunch when Alan joined us. After only a few minutes he stood up and picked up Alaina. He said, "I have to go comb her hair. She looks like Buckwheat's sister!" So here is a pick (not from that day) of Alaina looking like Buckwheat's sister.

1 comment:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Wild baby hair. Yep, I remember that. Even now, sometimes my daughter wakes up and I laugh because she looks like Don King. See here for visual reference. Glad to hear ya'll had a good time.