Monday, June 25, 2012

To Be A Girl Again

Today, for the first time, I understood why some adults tell kids, "These are the best years of your life".  They aren't of course, but today I just want to laze around and curl up with a good book.  I want my mom to  call me for lunch that's already prepared and then I don't have to clean up the dishes.  Read all afternoon until I go in for supper and then spend the evening watching TV.  I don't want to do the laundry that needs to get done or we wont have enough clean clothes to wear this week.  I don't want to load up Alaina into the car and go run errands.  I don't want to go grocery shopping or do the dishes that are piled up by the sink or sweep the floor... yadda, yadda, yadda you get the picture.  Just for today, I'd like to be a girl again with little to no responsibility.

2 comments:

Christy said...

We definitely don't appreciate the freedom of childhood when we're in it. It's been a goal of mine to make sure our kids truly enjoy their childhoods and that they don't rush into the next phase of their life. I think I'm doing this part of parenting well, it appears.

I say take a day off and enjoy a day of sitting outside in the lounge chair reading, while Alaina plays, order in pizza or chinese for dinner...and just enjoy your day!

Rebecca said...

Well, I'm not going to go all June Cleaver, but we really do have to have some clean laundry. Other than that I'm definitely planning some down time.