Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We're Moving Again

I mentioned in an earlier post that we will be moving soon. I have waited to say much until we had "orders in hand". As any of you military families would know nothing is sure until you have orders in hand, and even then it may change. Well it seems pretty sure now so I'll tell you. We are moving to Vilseck, Germany. My husband is taking command of one of the new Warrior Transition Units. A WTU is where wounded soldiers and other soldiers who have serious illnesses or injuries go. In this type of unit they can concentrate on getting better through physical therapy, treatments or whatever is necessary. Many of these soldiers will, after treatment, be able to resume their jobs in the Army. We are very excited about this new opportunity to serve. Vilseck is a more rural area than this is, but its a larger post and I'm looking forward to a change of pace. We'll be able to get a bigger place to live weather on post or off. I'm so excited about that because we want to be able to have a proper nursery for Alaina. Anyway, we don't know exactly when we move but I imagine perhaps the first of April. lol 5 moves in 5 years. About par for the course for a military family. I don't really mind moving so much. The Army pays for packers and movers to come. The hardest thing is that something always gets broken or lost.

Anyway, I thank you for your prayers and your continued prayers on my behalf for this back problem. We pray it will be healed by the time we move.



Does anyone know if Blogger is working on the spell check problem?

6 comments:

Ginger said...

I am excited for you! How will the move coincide with Alaina's arrival? You might not even know the answer to that question, however! Still praying for you!

Rita Loca said...

Part of the life I guess. I think I would get bored staying put too long, lol!!

Rebecca said...

Yes, our move and Alaina's arrival do seem to be happening at the same time, though we think we may be moved (and are hoping so)before she gets here.

Staying in one place too long does get boring. I've always liked to see new places and how people live and how things are somewhere else.

Unknown said...

Change is a good thing usually! Its always fun meeting new people too!

TO BECOME said...

I really hope that you like your new move and you get just the right house for you little one. I am still praying for your back. Be sure and don't hurt it more when you move. I know how hard it can be doing things when the back is hurt. God bless. connie from Texas

Rebecca said...

Thank you Connie for your prayers. I really need them, and I really appreciate them.