Sunday, February 22, 2009

Food For Thought

A friend sent me this story in an email.


Take My Money, PleaseIn a local restaurant my server had on an 'Obama '08' pin on his work uniform. Not sure how much the server knows about the Obama plans for the country. But, this is a good time to do some practical study, and see how the Obama plan resonates with the real people of the world.When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight.I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. However, he was no closer to getting a job, or a home. Just bought some smokes, and some alcohol.At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment, I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed the money more.I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application. I wonder what the server is going to think when Obama gets elected, and the redistribution is done by force of law?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah and did you hear his speech last night? I'm still gagging!

Unknown said...

Just remember, find the good things in life and in each day and choose to dwell on them! I've been trying to watch less and less news.