Friday, February 13, 2009

Octuplets

The controvery surrounding the recent birth of octuplets to an unwed mother who is already recieving food stamps and other government hand outs in CA is the topic for today. I haven't seen this addressed on any of the blogs I read. I've struggled with my feelings about this. I don't think she really started out to have 8 kids as she only had 6 embryos implanted. I understand the public's outrage that with no job and no way to care for the 6 she already had she purposed to have more children. The problem I have with all the anger and outrage I see is that these children ARE here. Regardless of how and to whom they arrived they ARE here. They need to be taken care of. My main struggle has been as a Christian how should I feel? What is my responsibility? Today I read a verse in a piece of mail I just recieved. "Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?" James 2:15&16. Right there God spoke to my heart. "There is your answer." It is not our business how or to whom these children came. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, comming down from the Father of the heavenly lights who does not change like the shifting shadows." James 1:17 It is our job to love them and care for them. For ALL of them. No matter what. The Lord did not put any exemptions in there. Then too we know better than to judge like the media is doing, don't we. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1&2
Ouch.

Just my thoughts for today. Feel free to leave your comments.

No comments: