Friday, January 18, 2008

It Really Is A Small World

Well, I was able to be up and about today. I ran a few errands and stopped by the Red Cross office to see what's up. I volunteer with them and occasionally new opportunities arise etc. I was chatting with the guy who is temporarily running the place. You know how chat goes you talk about background, where you're from etc. Well what do you think? It turns out he not only knows but was a friend of my brother Steve! Steve has spent almost his entire life in Springfield, Missouri, and he has not traveled much so it was really a shock. This guy used to work with him and I could tell from his conversation about him that he knew him well. Will wonders never cease! How fun was that! I think that is so cool to be a world away in Bamberg, Germany and run in to someone who knows my brother from some little town like Springfield! I can't wait to get hold of him and tell him. Anyone else have an experience like that?

4 comments:

TO BECOME said...

Rebecca, I have not but I think that is is wonderful that you did. I know it must have been a great blessing for you. Yes, the world is really not so big, afterall. connie from Texas

Thanks for signing my guestbook!

Rita Loca said...

Very cool!

Jolene said...

That's cool. What are the chances? Hope you enjoyed your chat with him.

Unknown said...

How sweet of the Lord to allow you that surprise! Yes, I have had similar experiences. Crazy world huh and it is getting smaller! We all travel so much more than in days goneby.