Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today I'm Sad


The first time I saw Heath Ledger was in the movie The Patriot. It's a movie about the American Revolution, and premiered on my 31st birthday. In it he played a young man who defies his father in order to fight in the Revolution. He falls in love, marries and dies avenging his wife who was murdered by the Red Coats. It was a captivating story. As it turns out, it was the only movie I ever saw him in. I don't know him, never met him, but today I am sad that this young man, son, brother and father lost his life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean Rebecca. It is a sad story. So many people, who we would think has it all going for them, ruin their lives with crazy lifestyles and such. Im not sure if Heath did, I'm just saying it saddens me to see so many deaths of younger folks in Hollywood. I loved his character as Gabriel in The Patriot. However, it broke my heart when I found out he had a leading part in the yucky movie "Brokeback Mountain"