Monday, January 22, 2007

Standing up for your convictions!

I was reading what Lela, over at The Joy of the Lord is my Strength, said about Sunday's sermon. Her husband is a pastor, and in his message Sunday he again spoke out against abortion at which point some people got up and left. Well this is what I have to say on the subject. GOOD FOR HIM! And good for her too. You continue to stand by your husband's side. I wish that more ministers would speak out on the evil that abortion is. The hard thing for us is that we are attending a general protestant chapel service here on post. We cannot go off post because we don't understand much German yet. The main chaplain I think is trying to be very ecumenical and thus I have never heard him speak out against anything or for that matter I have not heard an invitation for anyone to come to Christ and be saved. Although I understand what I believe is his not wanting to offend anyone, I long for a pastor who will stand by his convictions and speak out against sin. One who will call the congregation to holiness. I am sooo not perfect, but I long to be fed and ministered to in this way. I miss being in a church where we sing hymns with conviction and where we all strive to follow the Lord. A church where there is an altar call and a church whose pastor tells people how to be saved and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ! Churches today want to run coffee cafes in their foyers. They have left their hymnals behind along with their standard of dress and behavior. They have programs instead of sermons. They are afraid of offending anyone so they don't confront sin or speak out against any wrong practices! The Word of God will always offend some. The Bible says to come out from among them and be separate! Let us go back to the days where we as Christians held ourselves to a higher standard! Well, I've gotten on my soap box again haven't I. Oh well, I just say what I think. Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments: