Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This Is My Country!

I have something to say about all the people I have been hearing and hearing about lately that get frustrated over some political thing they don't agree with and decide to say, "I'm leaving the country" or some such nonsense as that. Although often this may sometimes be said "tongue-in-cheek," it really annoys me. The United States of America is the BEST country in the world hands down! I have had wonderful people from other countries tell me, "you Americans, your government spoils you and you don't even know it." It's true. We have wealth untold and more freedoms than anyone. ANYONE! I remember back when our current President ran against Al Gore. 2 celebrities that I know of stated that if Bush won they were leaving the country. They didn't and neither will you. You people, if you even had the nerve to leave which you don't, would get to another country and start complaining about they way they do business. You wouldn't like it and then you'd want to come back. The cost of living here in Europe is sky high compared to USA. They pay about $6 a gallon for gasoline. That is just the tip of the iceberg too. Europe is wonderful don't get me wrong. It is beautiful and has a rich history that we wont have for centuries, but none of it compares to the United States. You don't have to like what is happening in our country. I don't like some of it either, but stop complaining, put down the chips, get off the sofa and DO SOMETHING about it. Saying that our wonderful country sucks etc. is rude, its wrong, and it hurts deeply those of us whose husbands are daily putting their lives on the line for your freedom. If you don't like something, do something constructive about it. Any idiot can complain. I'll stop now. I'm about to burst into a terrible rendition of "This is my country."

No comments: