Friday, January 19, 2007

Junior High Children

Although I am a Registered Nurse, I work very part-time as a substitute teacher. There is little need for nurses on post. Today I substituted for a Junior High teacher. Since I started doing this I have been absolutely amazed at the dress and language of these kids. Swear words are part of everyday conversation for a large majority of them. They think nothing of it and when corrected for this they seem to have to think back and figure out what it is they said. And then there is the way they dress. Not only are the girls dressing immodestly but the boys are too. I have never been a huge fan of homeschooling, but lately I have been thinking more and more about it. I still would prefer to send my kids to a good Christian school, but if one is not available when that time comes I will probably home school. I realize that times change. When I was in high school those that did use that language refrained from doing so in front of any adult. Now days they don't seem to care. Are there any good alternatives out there aside from homeschooling? Can anyone inform me?

No comments: