Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Score!

I scored some good deals at the commissary today. You see for military wives overseas grocery shopping is not what it is in the States. While we can shop at the local German stores, their prices on average are higher and of course there are no coupons on Europe. So even though they sell Always maxi pads and Coke, they will not accept a coupon for them. This, I have learned, is mainly an American phenomenon. So for most of our grocery needs we shop the commissary and the PX. This brings us to today. It has snowed all day and so I thought I'd better get my shopping done before it gets worse. I was right. It got worse and they shut down the stores at 3pm. The best deals I got were 5 boxes of Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats. I love that cereal. I love cereal in general. They were on sale for $1.58 each. They had coupons right next to the product for $3 off of 5 and a rebate form to send in for $5 back. So basically, they paid me 10 cents to take them off their hands. The next deal was Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. I usually don't buy this as I prefer home made cookies. However, they were on sale for $0.80 each and I had 2 coupons for $0.75 off of one so I got 2 and paid 5 cents each for them. Not bad and they can be frozen until I am ready to use them! I used more than $22 worth of coupons not including that rebate. The other deal worth mentioning was the Totino's Pizza Rolls which were on sale for $1 each and I had 2 coupons for $0.50 off one. So, I got 2 for $1 or buy one get one free however you wish to look at it. Oh wait! I also got a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care lotion on sale for $1.99. I had a $1 off coupon and so got it for 99 cents!

For anyone reading this (lol even though it may only be 2 or 3) I'd LOVE to hear about any good deals you get. Feel free to share.

Blessings!
Rebecca

No comments: