Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Bits and Pieces

Tomorrow is Independence Day back in the States. It's a little weird to celebrate this holiday in a country where they do not. The post will have a day long fair of sorts with booths and food and singers and all ending in a huge fireworks display. Pray it doesn't rain too much. I have to say though, I am still enjoying the rain. It keeps the heat down. Last year at this time I was sitting in this apartment with little furniture and nothing to do and no fan to keep me cool. Today, I don't even need a fan. I LOVE THAT! I don't do well with temperature extremes. Tomorrow we are going furniture shopping. We need to replace our desk and our entertainment center. We are looking for hard wood furniture that doesn't have ply wood or particle board as part of it. All hard wood. Easier to find here in Germany than in the States though. Today I need to get laundry done that didn't get done yesterday. After that I need to swiffer the floors and clean the bathroom. That's a weird thing too. German toilets are built differently than American ones are and you have to clean them a lot more. lol They are also extremely low flow so that adds to it too. After that I need to decide about supper. I have chicken breasts defrosted but I would like to find something new and exciting to do with them. Ambitious I know.

No comments: