Sunday, September 23, 2007

Alaina Update

I've changed the title Adoption Update to Alaina Update. Since now we know who she is. Well, things are moving right along. We got the "go ahead" last night to go and visit her. So DH made airline arrangements and we will be going soon. They said I can take presents, but it wouldn't be a good idea to give much because I won't get it back when we pick her up. Apparently the foster mother will just keep the stuff and put it on other foster children. So, I'll just bring her a thing or 2. If it's her size she should at least get to wear it. lol You should have seen Alan dancing around the apartment last night. So excited! He is going to have a hard time leaving her there at the end of the visit. I don't know how I'm going to be. I wish I could just move down there for a while and then I could be her mom until we can officially take her away. Wouldn't that be nice? I don't know if I'll be OK with leaving her because I know I'll be back soon to get her or if I'll not be so OK with it. We'll just have to see. Anyway, our current prayer is to find favor with all the government officials so our paperwork will speed through as fast as possible. Oh Lord, please help us!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

This is great news Rebecca!!! Oh how awesome that God provided you and your DH with this oppotunity to go visit this wee little one of yours. You must take lots of pictures, not just of your soon to be daughter but also your surroundings.
Will you be leaving before the end of September? Or sometime in October? You don't have to say the date, that's why I didn't ask, just was wondering about a genral time frame so I know to pray for safe traveling mercies for you and DH.

Rejoicing with you in this wonderful news! Hugs!

TO BECOME said...

I feel like dancing around myself, I am so happy for you all and I thank God with all my heart that you have been so blessed. But I must say the little one is so blessed also. I hope things work out quickly and without any problems so you can get your child home where she belongs. I say again, I am so happy for you all. connie from Texas

Unknown said...

So great! I will pray with you about that paper work and red tape. So her name is Alaina? How pretty. My great niece is Elena, spelling is different but I think the same pronunciation.