Saturday, September 29, 2007

Baby Things

I'm sorry that it's been so long. We've been busy catching up and getting ready to go see our daughter. I've been in bed most of the day as my back is very painful today. My friend Amy should be back from the States soon. She has been there the past month after picking up the children they adopted from Ethiopia. Yes, that's right, I said children. 5 in all. They are all siblings and Amy and her husband wouldn't break them up. Isn't that wonderful? Anyway, I'm excited to see them. We pray for them often especially as she is a single parent for the time being. I got all of the clothes and things we have collected for Alaina and washed them in Dreft. lol anyone ever heard of celebrating the laundry? You should have seen the two of us, "Oh look. It's our first box of baby soap. Oh our first pack of diapers" Yes, I realize that the thrill of soap and diapers will likely not last, however we are enjoying what we can for now. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm happy that you are so excited over diapers and soap. Actually, I was just the same! Its a once in a lifetime thing-to be a parent for the first time!