Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God It's Friday

I haven't have a true TGIF in a long long time. Today how ever I am truly thankful that today is Friday. Yes Pam, this week has been tiring. These kids haven't been as bad as some I've had. Only had to send one kid to the principles' office so far. Today right after school is out we have to get the last of our paperwork notarized and sent off. Then it's only a matter of waiting. We've already been in contact with our attorney in Guatemala. I imagine within the next few weeks we'll be going to meet her for the very first time. I dream about her at night now. I just can't wait for her to get here. lol and I think I'm tired now! Oh my. You ladies who have been there will be in for a lot of good chuckles I'm sure as the "Rebecca takes on motherhood" chapters come out. I haven't even made any goofs yet and I'm already laughing at myself. It's so annoying. These adoption people keep asking questions on the forms like how we are going to parent the child and how we are going to discipline the child etc. We can only answer what we think are good ideas right now. I have lots of ideas about parenting, but I'm smart enough to know that they may go right out the window once we actually get the baby! Not every child is the same and not every discipline idea is going to work for every child. She is only an infant and we don't know her yet. We have no idea what will work for her. Oh well. At least they can't hold us to our pre-parent ideas. lol It'll be a roller coaster. I hope you'll hang on for the ride with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved reading this post as your excitement about becoming a mommy poured out! You have a level head it seems, at least in realizing that your visions of being the perfect parent may well fly out the door the first night home with your precious angel! LOL