Monday, October 29, 2007

Chex Party Mix

Today I got up and went about my normal daily routine straightening up the house etc. One thing I did differently today is to make home made Chex party mix. We have a group of friends that gets together often to play games. Lately we have been meeting more often and including dinner and snacks. All of us love Chex party mix but the bagged variety at the store includes powdered peanuts. I am allergic to all nuts. The people at Quaker also make a kind of snack mix that is good but all those bags add up. So I finally went out and bought the cereal and made it myself. I only used the cereal as pretzels don't thrill me and of course nuts are out of the question. One batch I did the regular way and one I did using garlic salt instead of seasoned salt. Delish! Did I manage to bring any with me to party night? Nope, forgot all about it. Doesn't that figure. lol Oh well.

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

I love Chex Party mix. I haven't made any in a long time. I will have to do that soon with the holidays coming up. Have a good week Rebecca. connie from Texas