Thursday, October 25, 2007

Not What I'd Planned

Well, today didn't turn out exactly as planned. I got up at 7 am after not sleeping so well or long enough (got to bed late) showered, and headed out to my class. Got there a few minutes late. No one was there. Checked at the clinic. No dice. Went back to the site and asked a very helpful man to call the Red Cross for me. It turns out that the class was cancelled because the instructer couldn't make it. They said they called me, but I was home all day and received no call. Then they told me that I wasn't home when they called (lol) so they left a message. Well now my answering machine could be a liar and is just hiding it from me and it could be that I left and went somewhere and I just don't remember but I don't think so! Never fear, I'm typing this light heartedly. lol I just get a kick out of it when someone tells me they called but I wasn't home when I was. Anyway. I went on home where Alan asked me to make him a pot of coffee (he was fixin to leave) so I walked over and flipped the switch for him. Rofl. He for some reason thought I had not set it up the night before. I do about 95% of the time, but he'd gotten the wrong notion and it's OK. I love him! I'm laughing as I write this because it was just all so funny this morning. That's what you get from me on little sleep.

So the long and the short of it is that I had the day to myself and took it off. I have done very little today but play on the computer and take a nap where I had a horrible dream about working an intensive care unit alone and Britney Spears was a patient. I ended up having 4 bizarre patients and only me and I wasn't doing anything right. Then the people from Top Chef came in and were dishing up pills to be served etc. It was all very weird. I figure Britney was in there because I had seen a headline about her on AOL. I don't know, but the part about Sam from Top Chef serving up pills in souffle cups disturbed me so bad I woke up with a terrible sense of dread and personal failure. Those of you who watch this show in the States will of course realize that our shows on AFN (armed forces network) are significantly behind those back home. It makes little matter as we don't watch that much anyway.

Don't worry about me playing all day. Hubby's supper will be waiting for him when he gets home. How was your day?

2 comments:

Carrie J said...

LOL at the dream. I am a very light sleeper and hardly ever dream. But when I have to take cold medicine or a Tylenol PM I always have the most bizzare dreams. One time I dreamed my kids had two heads. A good one and a bad one. They would argue and smack each other. LOL.

Unknown said...

Honey, you didn't have a dream, you had a Nightmare!! It did make me chuckle a bit!

Hope you got some well deserved rest!